Bring back some good or bad memories


ADVERTISEMENT

December 26, 2022

Photos of the Messerschmitt KR175

The Messerschmitt KR175 microcar (1953–1955) was the first vehicle built by Messerschmitt under its 1952 agreement with Fritz Fend. In concept, although not in actual design, it was, in principle, a development of the Fend Flitzer invalid carriage. Approximately 15,000 were built before it was replaced by the Messerschmitt KR200 in 1956.

The KR175 ran on a 173 cc (10.6 cu in) Fichtel & Sachs air-cooled single cylinder two-stroke engine centrally positioned in front of the rear wheel, just behind the passenger’s seat. The engine was started with a pull rope as standard, but there was an option of an electric starter. The electric starter became standard in 1954. The transmission was a sequential, positive-stop type with four speeds and no synchronization nor reverse gear.

Here below is a photo collection of the Messerschmitt KR175.






















1 comment:

  1. It was nicknamed "Schneewittchensarg", meaning "Sleeping Beauty's coffin"

    ReplyDelete


FOLLOW US:
FacebookTumblrPinterestInstagram

CONTACT US

Browse by Decades

Popular Posts

Advertisement