Bring back some good or bad memories


ADVERTISEMENT

October 30, 2022

Beautifully Restored 1913 Smith Buckboard in 1956

In 1956, this beautifully restored A.O. Smith Buckboard was put into its excellent condition by its present owner and discoverer, John Baum of Ephrata, Pennsylvania. John found the car in a barn and traced the original owner of the vehicle when he acquired it. The car was patented in 1912 and Baum’s model is number J 46, delivered in July 1913.

Old-time Smith features bucket seats and goes 80 miles on one gallon of gasoline.

One-cylinder engine is housed on the fifth wheel which can be detached for repairs.

All plumbing on this job is in the open. Car has won many Antique Auto Club prizes.

Baum believes the car is the oldest and possibly the only restored and running five-wheel auto in the world. It cost its first owner $338. The vehicle weighs only 456 pounds and it is powered by a 5-horsepower, 1-cylinder engine that has a top speed of 20 miles per hour.




1 comment:

  1. Here's one in its hometown: https://milwaukeehistory.net/unlocking-the-vault/a-o-smith-flyer-text/

    ReplyDelete



FOLLOW US:
FacebookTumblrPinterestInstagram

CONTACT US

Browse by Decades

Popular Posts

Advertisement