Bring back some good or bad memories


July 30, 2022

Amazing Vintage Adverts of Nash Motors in the 1930s

Nash Motors was an American automaker in Kenosha, Wisconsin, which existed from 1916 to 1938. From 1938 to 1954 Nash was the automobile division of the Nash-Kelvinator Corporation. The manufacture of Nash automobiles continued from 1954 to 1957 following the founding of American Motors Corporation.


Nash Motors was founded in 1916 by a former executive of General Motors, Charles W. Nash, who bought the Thomas B. Jeffrey Company. Jeffreys best-known automobile was the Rambler. For decades, Nash successfully sold midsize cars to middle-class buyers.

Much of the company’s early success was due to the loyalty of Charles Nash to his chief engineer, Nils Erik Wahlberg. Wahlberg was an early supporter of wind tunnel tests for vehicles. Wahlberg is also considered one of the designers of the car ventilation system, in which outside air is sucked in and heated at the front and exits through the rear openings again. This process also helped reduce humidity and offset the small pressure differential between the interior of a moving motor vehicle and the environment.

Nash’s slogan in the 1920s and 1930s was “Give the customer more than he has paid for” (give the customer more than what he paid for), and his cars complied with that motto. The innovations included a top -mounted in-line eight-cylinder engine, dual ignition and nine crankshaft bearings. The Ambassador Eight of 1932 had a fully synchronized transmission and freewheel, automatic central lubrication and the suspension was adjustable from the inside.



























0 comments:

Post a Comment



FOLLOW US:
FacebookTumblrPinterestInstagram

CONTACT US

Browse by Decades

Popular Posts

Advertisement