December 12, 2017

Paramount Pictures Promotional Spread in Motion Picture Herald, 1936

The Motion Picture Herald was an American film industry trade paper published from 1931 to December 1972. It was replaced by the QP Herald, which only lasted until May 1973.


The paper's origins go further back two decades. In 1915, a Chicago printing company launched a film publication as a regional trade paper for exhibitors in the Midwest and known as Exhibitors Herald. Publisher Martin Quigley bought the paper and over the following two decades developed the Exhibitors Herald into an important American national trade paper for the US film industry.

In 1917, Quigley acquired and merged another publication MOTOGRAPHY into his magazine. In 1927, he further acquired and merged the magazine The Moving Picture World and began publishing it as Exhibitors' Herald and Moving Picture World, which was later shortened to the more manageable title, Exhibitors' Herald World.

After acquiring Motion Picture News in 1930, he merged these publications into the Motion Picture Herald.




























FOLLOW US
FacebookTumblrPinterestInstagramFlipboardRSS

Browse by Decades

Popular Posts