Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Dymock Railway Station – Amazing Historical Photos

Dymock station opened in July of 1885, known as part of the daffodil line (Ledbury to Gloucester) it served the village for nearly 80 years, sadly the line closed for passenger traffic in July 1959 under the Beeching scheme and then for freight traffic in March 1964. A very sad loss to the village.

Here are some amazing historical photos of this station in the 1900s to its closure.

Dymock railway station, ca. 1920s

Dymock staff at the station, 1900

Dymock station in the early 1900s

Dymock railway staff in the early 1900s

Dymock railway staff, 1909

Dymock railway staff, 1909

Dymock railway staff, 1909

Dymock station and staff, 1909

Dymock railway staff, 1909

Dymock railway station, 1910

Part of the Dymock to Ledbury line

Part of the Dymock to Ledbury line

 A clerk sweeping the platform at Dymock station, ca. 1950s

Dymock railway station, ca. 1950s

Dymock railway, ca, 1950s

Dymock station, ca. 1950s

Dymock station, ca. 1950s

Dymock station, ca. 1950s

The diesel railcar at Dymock station in the late 1950s

The arrival of a diesel railcar at Dymock station, April 1958

 Dymock railway signal box, 1958

Dymock station, 1958

Four Oaks halt, 1958

Four Oaks halt, 1958

Greenway halt, 1958

The diesel railcar at Dymock station, spring of 1959

Dymock station with a diesel railcar, early 1959

The last passenger train arrives at Dymock station, Gloucestershire, 11th July 1959

Dymock station just after the line closed for passengers, 1959

Dymock station, late 1959

Dymock station, late 1959

A train heading towards Gloucester, Four Oaks halt, December 1963

The disused station at Dymock, ca. mid 1960s

The disused station at Dymock, ca. mid 1960s

(Photos from Paul Pearson)

No comments:

Post a Comment