Sunday, March 20, 2016

27 Amazing Vintage Pictures of the Sinking and Raising of U-Boat 110

This collection is taken from an album of photographs found in the Swan Hunter shipbuilders collection at Tyne & Wear Archives. The album is from 1918 and documents the U.B. 110 before she was scrapped on the dry docks of Swan Hunter Wigham Richardson Ltd, Wallsend.

The twin-screw German submarine U.B.110 was built by Blohm & Voss, Hamburg.

U-Boat 110, a general view looking aft

U-Boat 110, a general view looking forward

U-Boat 110, after torpedo room

U-Boat 110, control room and access scuttle to conning tower

U-Boat 110, control room looking aft

U-Boat 110, control room looking forward to port side

U-Boat 110, control room looking forward

U-Boat 110, control room looking forward

U-Boat 110, control room looking forward

U-Boat 110, crew space

U-Boat 110, crew's lockers

U-Boat 110, diesel engine room

U-Boat 110, electric control room looking aft to port

U-Boat 110, electric control room looking aft

U-Boat 110, electric control room looking forward

U-Boat 110, electric control room

U-Boat 110, forward torpedo room

U-Boat 110, four bow torpedo tubes and forward hydroplanes

U-Boat 110, four bow torpedo tubes and hydroplane on port side

U-Boat 110, four torpedo tubes

U-Boat 110, mess table, lockers and manholes to accumulation battery

U-Boat 110, No. 5 compartment

U-Boat 110, No. 6 compartment

U-Boat 110, side corner of engine room

U-Boat 110, the control room looking aft, starboard side

U-Boat 110, the torpedo room showing an overhead arrangement

U-Boat 110, torpedo room looking aft

No comments:

Post a Comment