There are many women but only few ladies. Ladies are a select group that live with ease, style and class. To be a lady, you must do things in a ladylike manner. This requires certain affects that can be practised and mastered. One of the most alluring traits of a lady is how she smokes her cigarettes. Anyone can smoke, but not everyone can do so like a lady. Here are a number of suggestions to keep the smoking habit as feminine as possible.
- Never hold a cigarette in the mouth without the fingers assisting. In other words, no dangling cigarettes.
- Hold the cigarette in the hand as you strike the match and then place it between the lips for lighting. The fingers must stay in contact with the cigarette.
- If assistance is offered for lighting the cigarette, graciously lean toward the light.
- Hold the cigarette as close to the ends of the fingers as possible.
- Hold the lighted end of the cigarette toward the ceiling so that smoke does not curl through the fingers.
- Never blow smoke through the nostrils.
- Do not flick the ashes from the cigarette, roll them off.
- To put the cigarette out, gently roll it in the ash tray until there is no longer any smoke.